Tuesday 12 July 2016

Hoot hoot!



Look what I have made! I found the pattern for these adorable owl wrist warmers here, on a Dutch knitting blog, as I thought it would be easier to have my first project that is a little more complicated than a simple scarf in my first language. I love them, they are so cute and warm, perfect for winter nights in a cold Queenslander house!



And here is my Wimbledon scarf - made while watching the tennis at night, finished during the men's final on Sunday! Well, Monday actually - it was past midnight! It's funny - having grown up in the Netherlands, I associate Wimbledon with summer afternoons and now I watch it at night in winter...



I have fallen in love with knitting all over again - I did a lot of knitting when I was in high school and then again when I was expecting my first baby. Here is one of the little jumpers I made for Hugo:



Then I started sewing, next I discovered quilting, and the rest is history... I did bring my knitting needles when we moved to Australia in 2007, and have made a few half-hearted attempts at knitting since then, but this is the first time I have finished something. And I am not done yet - here is my next project:



It is the Josephine Shawl I found on Ravelry. I have made a profile there (actually I discovered that I already had a profile since 2013 - although I can't remember why I made it then) - if you are on Ravelry too, let's be friends!

However, I haven't abandoned quilting - I even thought of a new quilt design while knitting and will start on it this week!

No comments: