Tuesday 11 August 2015

Another PTT Post Bag



It has arrived in the Netherlands, so I can finally show it here: another PTT post bag, made from a vintage Dutch post bag.



I made this bag for a good friend in Holland, who saw my bag when we visited her in January and exclaimed that she would love to have one like that :-)



Well, I had bought two more vintage post bags when we were in Holland... Today is her birthday and it arrived yesterday, perfect timing! She told me she loved it :-)



I have now made three PTT post  bags:



The first one (left) in November last year, for myself. The second one (middle) earlier this year, for my friend who was living in New Zealand at that time. And now this one, which will be the last one as I have no more vintage post bags (and no desire to buy any new ones!):



I do have some scraps of the fabric left and may use them to make a cushion - once we have moved and settled in the new house. This is what my sewing room looks like now!

No comments: