Tuesday 11 November 2014

PTT Post Bag



I am very happy to be able to show you this bag! I finally found the courage to cut up the vintage Dutch post bag that my best friend gave me when we  were in Holland in 2012:



(The text above the Dutch tricolour says 'property ptt post' in Dutch, the text below 'post netherlands 84' in French. PTT used to be the postal service in the Netherlands)
I adjusted the Alice Book Bag pattern that I used to make my mail bag(see previous post) to include the Dutch text and the tricolour on the flap, and the French text on the back of the bag:



I made two large exterior pockets (for sunglasses and hand cream) using a piece of coloured fabric:



I lined the bag with... another polka dot fabric!



And created lots of interior pockets - for wallet, keys, mobile phone, business card case etc:



I made the strap from the remaining fabric and broke a few needles trying to attach it to the bag...



I showed it via Skype to my friend (who is living with her family in New Zealand at the moment, we are planning a visit for Easter 2015!). She loved it and asked if I could make one for her as well!
Umm yes... - maybe I can buy another bag when we are in Holland in December...

I made this bag last weekend at a quilting retreat  - did I tell you I was going to a retreat?  No, I don't think I did... I'll show some photos of the venue and the other projects I worked on in the next posting!

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Fantastic creation. I love it too. You did super keeping the wording intact. I love it. I can easily see why your friend wants you to create one for her. You did great !~!

HeleenH said...

Je kunt op de Albert Cuyp canvas kopen met het motief. http://nnstoffen.nl/gobelin-stof-postzakkenstof.html