Sunday 7 July 2013

Yes, it is a Lone Star!



We are back from a lovely holiday in Tropical North Queensland and I will be sharing some pics soon, but first I have to show you this. I have been sewing very hard this weekend (we came back on Friday) and I just finished the 8th block of my new quilt! Yes, it is a Lone Star - also known as Star of Bethlehem, Rising Star, Morning Star and Star of the East. It has always been one of my favourite quilt patterns and I suddenly had an irresistible urge to make one!

One block measures 36in/91 cm from point to point, so I think this quilt will end up on our bed. I know I said at some point I would never make another bed quilt... Never say never, hmmm?

3 comments:

MCC said...

Absolutely stunning, Linda. Great colour.

Charlotte Scott said...

Wow! I've never been fond of lone star, but seeing one done in just two colours....well, I might have to change my mind. Looks great.

Jantine said...

Love your colours and yes, never say never!