Friday 15 June 2012

This and that



Remember the sunglasses case I made a while ago? I really enjoyed making it, so decided to order some more frames. I still have lots of pieces of lovely commercial fabrics from my early quilting days that are just waiting to be used for small projects like these. So here is the first one, a sunny butterfly case - now for sale in my Etsy shop!




And some news: a while ago Meta Heemskerk, a Dutch fiber and mixed media artist whose work I really admire, asked me if I would be interested in showing and selling my work in her online gallery Galleribba. This gallery will be filled with small work, to fit in standard sized frames like the Ikea Ribba frame (hence the name). Of course I am interested; and flattered to be among artists like Linda Colsh, Cherilyn Martin, Saskia Weishut and many more! The little Sand piece that I showed in the last posting here is the first piece on my page, and I hope to make a few more small works soon.

Today I have been screen printing with some new thermofax screens that arrived this week (yay!). It's too dark now to make photos of the prints but I hope to show them to you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Judy Warner said...

Love the whole idea of sunglass cases!

Jantine said...

Wat een leuk aanbod!