Monday 11 June 2012

New work



It was a public holiday here today and very cold and wet outside. So I was perfectly happy inside, quilting! I made a little monochrome quilt for Art Quilts Around the World which will be revealed on 30 June, and I made this little piece, something I had wanted to try for quite some time now.

The fabric is actually more yellow than orange. I added a double layer of thick polyester batting (left over from my early days of quilting - I much prefer a thin bamboo batting nowadays) to create the impression of a footprint in the sand:



I think the backside looks good too!



It's a small piece - only 17 cm / 6 3/4 inch square. Just a fun thing to try out something I had been thinking about, after making a photo of a footprint in the sand last summer.



This is a sneak peek of the monochrome quilt for AQATW. I love how this little quilt has turned! It is already hanging in my studio, but I'm afraid you will have to wait a few weeks to see it in full!

1 comment:

Marquise Style said...

Great new piece! Wondeful work!

I am a blog follower from Etsy, please visit and follow my blog as well: http://www.azlifeandstyle.com/?m=0
Thank you! Ali :)