Tuesday 5 June 2012

Busy



Eight days since my last posting and nothing new to show! How terrible. (well, I did make a few items for the shop) What can I say - I have been busy with other things. It looks like my contract at Queensland Health will end on 30 June, so I am looking at other jobs... There is also the possibility of another position for DH, in another place, which of course needs to be discussed... We are in the process of applying for Australian citizenship for our boys (they can have dual citizenship - we adults can't, unfortunately) which involves a lot of paperwork, phone calls to the Netherlands etc... and most importantly, we have been planning our holiday to the Netherlands!

In 22 days (yes, we're counting) we will be flying to Kuala Lumpur, spending one day there, and then on to Amsterdam!!! We are so looking forward to seeing our family and friends again, meeting our little niece for the first time, visiting the places where we used to live, riding bikes, eating licorice and herring...

And - I just booked flights to Zurich, Switzerland! DH has a conference there in July and the two of us will spend 4 days there, while the boys stay with their grandparents. I have never been to Zurich before and am so looking forward to discovering a new city! The photo above shows the city and Lake Zurich - looks good, doesn't it?

Of course I can't do any sewing or quilting while we are on holiday (no, hand stitching is definitely not my thing) and I will close my shops during that time, but I do plan to take lots of photos and I may try my hand at some writing...!

Anyway - still 3 weeks to go before we leave and I do hope I will be able to show you some quilts in progress in that time. Maybe I can do some quilting tomorrow, if the dentist doesn't keep me to long... And I really should have my sewing machine serviced... *wanders off, muttering under her breath*

3 comments:

Judy Warner said...

Enjoy your vacation, Linda. Take plenty of photos and bring along a sketch book and you will return home inspired and fired up!

Jantine said...

Wat een plannen, je hoofd zal wel af en toe omlopen. Maar het komt allemaal weer goed!

Jane said...

Sound like a fun trip, hope the dentist was OK, yes you are right about the service for your machine, mine is well overdue- but I need it ! is the call from my heart when I feel it needs to go!