Thursday 9 June 2011

Pennant for London



A while ago I read about Quilts 4 London - a project to provide every athlete at the 2012 Olympic Games in London with a quilted pennant. Of course I had to make one; exactly my cup of tea! I went through my extensive stash of screen printed gymnasts and found one that just fitted in the A3 sized template. I added a shadow, quilted it and voilà! Now I only have to add a sleeve and a label. I may make another one, it's fun and not much work!



While going through my screen printed fabrics I also found these four cyclists and pieced them together. This could make a nice small wall hanging, don't you think?



And I added a shadow to this ice skater - this one is ready to quilt now.

I have also, finally, made a start on the Animal Kingdom quilt for Art Quilts Around the World. About time, it needs to be finished at the end of this month! Will show a sneak peek soon.

6 comments:

Del Soden said...

Congratulations on being 'Spotlighted' in Quilting Arts Magazine. I was thrilled to see an Australian in such a wonderfully inspiring international magazine and equally thrilled that it was someone who's blog I have been following for a while. I love your sports figures.
Cheers
D.

Jane said...

The 2QAQ group have been making those banners too, I have not been ofr awhile but Alison George has some info on her blog as well.
Finished my Animal kingdom today, its amazing what can be done with lots of housework calling!

Ellen said...

Mooi Linda !! en wat een leuk artikel in de quilting Arts,kun je trots op zijn .
Groetjes Ellen
http://ellen-quilt-ellen.blogspot.com/

Lynn Cohen said...

Your banners and wall hangings are all delightful.

Why oh why do we have three months to make a quilt that takes so little time usually? I wish we did at least two in that time. could you take a vote?

Judy Warner said...

What a great idea! I will look into it.

petra said...

ha linda
wat ben je weer druk bezig! leuk om te zien wat het allemaal oplevert! ik heb een abonnement op quilting arts maar heb het nieuwe nummer nog niet ontvangen....
groetjes petra