Sunday 9 January 2011

Week Planner



Here is a new quilt that I have been wanting to make for quite a while and finally did last weekend. Using a piece of chalk cloth I made a week planner for our family - now that the boys are getting a little older we need one to keep up with all the swimming lessons, gymnastics training sessions, birthday parties etc!

To make it a bit timeless I used some of my novelty fabrics in subdued colours - Robbie may still like Bob the Builder now but I'm sure he won't in a few years...

It's hanging near our dinner table now and I'm very pleased with it!

9 comments:

SewDownunder said...

Look awesome! Forgive my ignorance, but what is chalk cloth, never heard of it and how do you wipe it off? I am rather intrigued !

A3jana said...

what a good (and beautyfull made) idee is that!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I love it, Linda... Timeless looks perfect.

Judy Warner said...

I didn't know there was chalk cloth either! Looks like a great way to chart out a busy life.

Marie-Thérèse said...

That's a very good idea. Too bad I did not think of it, when my kids were still at home.

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

What a great idea. I have some chalk board fabric around here somewhere, guess I should try to find it.

Jantine said...

Wat een leuk idee!

Trillian As said...

Hi Linda,
I love it too but also have never heard about chalk cloth. Sound interesting.
Trillian

petra said...

succes met al het water wat gaat komen of wat er al is.
het staat zelfs op de nederlands teletekst!
groetje petra