Monday 5 July 2010

Speed



The first of the three quilts that hubby has carried to Europe has reached its destination, so I can show it to you now! This is Speed, a small, A4 sized quilt I made for my uncle, who is mad about cycling.



You will remember the screen print of the cyclist I made a while ago (yes, the background is another Lisa Walton handdyed fabric!). I also showed you the shadow I added with a Paintstick;



I then quilted it and finished it with a facing technique:



But felt that it lacked something, which is why I added the second cyclist with another paintstick. I had to give him a shadow as well and used yet another colour paintstick. I wasn't too happy about that choice afterwards, but there wasn't time to do anything about it.



This is the back of the quilt:



I'm happy to be able to tell you that after the last posting here (where I whined about being so tired) things got much better. We had a lovely, sunny weekend and I did quite a bit of quilting on a new quilt! Will show you a sneak peek soon.

4 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

Very appropriate for the TOUR DE FRANCE.. Really nice.
Maggey

dq said...

Your art talent truly inspires me. I love this bicycle piece!

Corryna said...

Daar zal hij vast en zeker blij mee zijn.

Marloes said...

Wat een leuke quilt is dit, goed ontwerp en ook goed om die tweede fietser erbij te doen.