Sunday 18 July 2010

A new quilt



Yes, I still make quilts! Here is a sneak peek of the one I I started a few weeks ago and all but finished today - I only need to sew back the binding. Hubby took the boys to a playground and I got the day off to work on the quilt (well, I think I earned it after being on my own with the boys for the whole of the school holidays!). It is my entry for Australia Wide Two, Ozquilt Network's travelling exhibition.



I also designed a new fabric on Spoonflower - I started with a photo I made of a Grevillea (in case you are wondering what that is; there is a one on my photo blog too. It's not the same photo but it is the same Grevillea ;-). Do you like it?

You can still leave a comment on my last posting, to go in the draw for a small handmade item. Just give me some feedback on my new Made It shop, Blue Jacaranda. Speaking of which, I had my first sale within hours of opening the shop (yay!) and I am adding new items at this very moment (yes, I always do several things at the same time on the computer). So do go there and have a look. And if you like what you see, please tell your friends! Thanks! :-))

2 comments:

Aart said...

Ik ben benieuwd naar jouw quilt en heb de foto's bekeken, Die van Ruth de Vos spreken mij heel erg aan.
http://quiltaart.blogspot.com

Margeeth said...

The sneakpeak of your new quilt looks intrigueing. I love the colour.
And yes, you definitively earned your day off from the children after having been alone with them during the school holidays. But that remark did remind me a little of my mother and mother in law, who always get very indignant when I dare to go away for a day by myself (leaving the children with DH). I think every mother has a right to some time for herself (if possible of course) whether she earned it or not. I mean has anyone asked whether your DH earned his trip to the Netherlands, leaving his family behind?