Monday 10 May 2010

Book: Journey of Hope



Nothing to show today, so here is a book I recently purchased and highly recommend: Journey of Hope: Quilts Inspired by President Barack Obama. Full of beautiful quilts with a message - I quite like quilts with a message. My favourite is the one on the cover, made by Sherry Shine. (the quilt I showed here on the day of the election isn't in the book though)

Dijanne Cevaal has extended the deadline for the KISS challenge to the end of this month, so I'm working hard on that one. I didn't get an idea for that quilt until quite recently and thought it was too late to make it, but it isn't!

The quilt for MIL is on the backburner for now - she is away on holiday and DH is going to Europe at the end of June and will be able to take it, so it doesn't need to be finished for a while.

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

That book looks wonderful, thanks for sharing. Happy Quilting and happy Mother's Day belated.