Thursday 29 April 2010

*Glow*



I am glowing with pride after reading Lyric Kinard's blog post about me!
I did her Freeform Screen Printing class at Quilt University last year which was great fun and has led to my series of gymnastics quilts.

Actually, MAGnificence will be exhibited today for the first time at the Australian Quilt Convention in Melbourne - how I wish was there! (if I was I would also go and see the men perform at the Pacific Rim Gymnastics Championships, and I see now they also have a KLM Dutch Orange Day on Sunday... sigh, wish we lived in Melbourne!)

Anyway - Lyric is teaching her screen printing class again in May and you can sign up for it now. I highly recommend it!



PS It's good that I am not in Melbourne this week - the hospital called that there is a fracture in Robbie's arm after all, so I have to take him in today. Sigh...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Linda,

I just read Lyric's Blog too!

Congratulations!

I'm seriously considering doing her screenprinting class. I think you have convinced me!

hugz

Jeannie said...

Hi! I am here from Lyric's blog and I just wanted to tell you how wonderful your artwork is! I will return to read more after I fix dinner.;-) Have a great week!

Jantine said...

I just read her blog about you! You deserve her praise! Your quilts are great. Maybe I like them even better having been a gymnast myself until about 25 years old. Stopped when I was expecting Esther...

Dianne said...

What a rap from Lyric, and of course a well deserved one. I have been following your screen printing exploits and your work is truly imaginative. Great work, congratulations. Dianne

Erica Spinks said...

Hi Linda, saw your quilt at AQC today. It is STUNNING!

lisette said...

wow linda that's fabulous!! well earned praise - congratulations xxx