Sunday 25 October 2009

Queensland Quilt Show



I managed to go to the Queensland Quilt Show yesterday and see my quilt hanging there! Compared to some of the other quilts at the show I thought it wasn't very good - I still have a long way to go... But it was nice to be there, meet some people, and, of course, do some shopping!



I bought some paintstiks, angelina and paint, 2 stamps and a gorgeous red handdyed fabric from Lisa from Dyed and Gone to Heaven. All for the quilt I promised to make for my mother-in-law - I am going to start on that one now. I also attended a beading workshop by Lisa and signed up for her beading club! I didn't buy the Down Under Quilts calendar but got it from Deborah because I read her blog! ;-)
I also bought this book which has great stencils for projects for the boys (dragon, bicycle, robot, rocket) and for me (feathers, cityscape, mandala!):



At home I played with the paint, stamp and some older stencils:



3 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

There is something very special about seeing your art hanging amongst other artists' work. It's being part of a group, having arrived. I always feel I still have lots to learn, but am glad I am developing my own style and don't feel I have to look like everyone elses. Your work is terrific and I hope you take pride in it. The Hugo piece is quite wonderful in my opinion. Enjoy the ride. And enjoy all those new are tools too.

Corryna said...

Wat leuk dat je quilt er zo mooi hing. En natuurlijk moeten we nog veel leren en zijn we nog niet zo goed als anderen. Maar dat geeft niet. Dan houden we een uitdaging toch? Het gaat uiteindelijk ook meer om het plezier wat je hebt in je werk, dan om je plek op de ranglijst. Stap voor stap vooruit.

Groetjes,
Corryna

Janny Schoneveld said...

Prachtige quilt heb je gemaakt voor de tentoonstelling.
Jammer dat ik net na de tentoonstelling pas aankom.
Had er graag heen gegaan.
Groeten en veel plezier met je ouders.
Janny S.