Tuesday 29 September 2009

Holiday pics



We are back from our lovely mini-holiday - 4 days in Mapleton, in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Here are a few pics (more traditional holiday snapshots to be found on our family blog). The bat sculpture above was hanging in the garden of the restaurant in Montville where we had a scrumptious morning tea on Saturday.



This is part of a building that housed an art gallery - unfortunately there was no time to look at the art. I just managed to snatch a picture of this ... (what's it called??? well lid??) in the yard:



A lily:



And a cheeky kookaburra on the campsite (I love kookaburras! My 3-year old calls them kookabooa):



Stay tuned for the unveiling of the land and sea quilts on the Art Quilts Around the World blog tomorrow! I will have to work hard tonight to finish mine...

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Thanks for the heads up on the unveiling. I never remember the exact date. Guess it's the end of the month. Duh! LOL

Nice vacation shots. Love the lattice work.

Thanks for telling me more about Hugos' drawings too.