Sunday 7 September 2008

Silk scarf and painted postcards

Remember the Playing with Paint class I did at Quilt University (QU)? It's finished now and the last thing we did was paint a silk scarf. I really enjoyed doing that and am very pleased with the result:



I scrunch-painted this scarf with pink Dye-Na-Flow paint first, then again with purple Setacolor. Then used a gold Paintstick to stencil the butterflies on it and traced the outlines with a gold gelpen.

I also made some postcards from painted fabric:



DH really liked the card with the butterfly, so we gave it to him today for Father's Day. The dinosaur card is for my oldest son, Hugo, on his next birthday - he loves dinosaurs. The other cards are for friends.

Hugo (he's 5 years old) painted this piece of fabric:



I think it looks very good and will make a postcard out of it as well.

I have now signed up for the Cotton Dyeing Basics class at QU, with Marjie McWilliams. Haven't got the dyes yet, but am looking forward to dying my own fabric!

4 comments:

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Linda,
Myyy looks like you have been having a lovely play ... popped your PostCard in the mail this morning ... B

Sandra said...

Hoi Linda,
Wat leuk dat je met stofverven bezig bent, superleuk je sjaal met vlinders en de kaarten ook!
Groetjes

Dianne said...

I would give you a credit on your silk scarf Linda. Very nice.

Nicole & Phil said...

these look great ,and I love hugo's piece too!
thanks for the awaard, I will get back to that...life here is chaotic at the moment..I need to update our family blog, but it all seems overwhlming at the moment!
I too feel a connection with you, an expat on the other side of the world! I enjoy seeing Oz through your eyes! I worry about your children getting sunburnt! :)
Talk soon
x