Thursday 22 May 2008

And the winner is...

The random number generator picked a number between 1 and 8 and it was ...1!
So Julie wins a fiber postcard! Congratulations Julie, please send me you address and I'll send the card to you! (as soon as it is finished...)

I can't show anything here today, as I haven't done any sewing in the last week... just a lot of emailing to the members of the new online art quilt group! There's 13 of us already; we have to decide how many members we want to have, as there are quite a few more who would like to join. It's wonderful to have so many reactions!

I miss the sewing, though... Oh well, in 8 days I will be going to the retreat in Toowoomba, organized by Liisa of the Quilters Corner in Keperra (my local quiltshop) and will be able to sew to my heart's content!

Because a blog without a photo isn't a blog (in my opinion, that is), here's a pic of my very first quilt - made in July 2006 for my oldest son Hugo (then 3 years old):



He loved it! :-) (you can click on it to see a larger picture; I finally figured out how to do that!)

2 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting! My first ever blog prize! I'll email you Linda with my details. Thanks so much.

I love the photo of Hugo....he is one very beautiful child! Such sparkling eyes!

Corryna said...

Linda,
Thank you so much for your wonderful postcard. I really like it. What is the material you stitched on? It is familiar, looks a bit like suede now, but is something else. Thank you for sending such a lovely card to the Netherlands!

Corryna