Monday 15 October 2007

Jars galore

It's been a while - we had a very nice holiday in Noosa (to keep this on a quilty note: I managed to finish 'The Runaway Quilt' by Jennifer Chiaverini - one of her best, I think); pictures can be found on our Going to Brissy-blog.

I'm working very hard on the I Spy quilt for Ernst; it has to be finished on Sunday the 28th of October, when we celebrate his birthday. I've made 19 of 24 blocks so far and hope to finish the top this week. I'll show a pic of it then and ask your opinion on the quilting!

I started the beginners quilting course at The Quilters Corner last week and loved it. I've already learned a lot of useful things in just one lesson!
We're making a sampler (of course) and I am using the lovely blue FQs I got for my birthday. I'm really looking forward to the next lesson on Wednesday!

And finally... the jars! I won the block lottery at the Dutch quilters mailing list last month and have got a lot of jar blocks now! (including the 4 I made myself)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(the little hand belongs to my 1-year old, grabbing the jar just when I took the pic)

So after finishing the I Spy quilt I can make another quilt very quickly! Maybe it's a good project to take to the quilt retreat at Lake Moogerah... (I'm looking forward to that sooo much, if only because I'll be able to sleep a whole night without being woken by a teething toddler!)

3 comments:

glitterbug said...

Linda, I think you will not get much sleep on the quilting retreat. We are going to bed at about 11pm and are up again at 6 am and behind the machine at 7am or earlier.
Rens.

Lindi said...

I love the hand grabbing the jar. Have you thought of appliquing a hand grabbing a jar as an added bit of humour to your quilt?

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, I agree with Lindi's comment, I didn't realise the hand was 'real' until I read the whole piece, better go and clean my glasses